02 January, 2017

Week 1: Kitchen Countertops and Sink


Each week (starting on a Monday), the challenge is to 'read the challenge'. As Monday is my day off, it makes far more sense for me to not just read, but to do as well, and to fit in a few of that week's challenges too.

Monday's challenge: read the weekly challenge - this gives an over view of what to expect, and why it's being done. The reasons are important to me. I hate doing stuff because I have been told to do it. Give me a reason, and I'm on board!

Tuesday's challenge: declutter and organise kitchen sink area. Done.

Wednesday's challenge: clear kitchen counters. One of the presents I received from the Beloved was a new Kenwood food mixer. This is replacing a food processor we received as a wedding gift (almost 25 years ago). It's currently out on a work surface, and needs to be put away. The cupboard where the food processor was has been emptied and cleaned. I've gone through the items removed. Things that haven't been used in a year have been put in a box, and if they are not used by Easter they will be recycled/donated. The new food mixer is now away, freeing up a bit more space.

Thursday's challenge: clear kitchen table. We have no kitchen table.

Friday's challenge: declutter kitchen utensils, measuring cups etc. Done

Saturday's challenge: declutter potholders, kitchen towels, dish cloths etc. It's time for a whole new set of kitchen linens! I'm tired or having a mis-mash of randomosity in the kitchen.

Sunday's challenge: create a household notebook. I'm not sure I'm sold on this idea. We already have a financial folder where we keep important information. I think I would prefer to have a separate folder for each thing, eg finances, recipes, cleaning rotas etc. Most of this will be on my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment