28 January, 2017

15 Minute Declutter: Plates and Bowls

A February mission I was too impatient to wait for! The plates and bowls have been decluttered. There's a white everyday set, and also the Christmas Tree by Spode.

The remains of a four person set given as a wedding present is on it's way out the door. There's four dinner plates and two side plates. The bowls 'died' a number of years ago. Also the sparse remains of a blue and yellow set I bought about 15 years ago is leaving. One of the large bowls is remaining as it used as a serving dish.

This exercise has helped me understand white is the colour of choice (my choice) for serving dishes, plates and bowls. I like the Christmas Tree ones as well as they are only used for part of the year, and when the food is on the plate you see a white dish with a green border.

I am starting to gradually replace the white set. I'd like to add to the Christmas set, bringing it up to 8 settings, but that is a low priority. As for the large blue and yellow bowl - it's useful. However, I would prefer a white bowl or perhaps a Moroccan blue and white one. But for now, it stays.

No comments:

Post a Comment