31 January, 2017

Project 333: Six weeks of winter



Project 333 is "the minimalist fashion challenge that invites you to dress with 33 items or less for 3 months."

Before Christmas and at the start of this year I was recording just what I was wearing each day. I wanted to get an idea of what I was wearing and if there were gaps in my wardrobe. Unlike many people who declutter their wardrobes, I don't have a huge number of clothes, but more than I need.  

The project is for 3 months. The seasons in my little part of the world are: mid-March to mid-June (spring), mid-June to mid-September (summer), mid September to mid-December (autumn) and then mid-December to mid-March (winter).

My plan is to start a half-project for winter, starting tomorrow. Then on the 15th of March start a proper 3 month project for spring. Excluded from the 33 items are underwear, sleepwear and sportswear. Included are clothing, jewellery, accessories, shoes/boots, coats and jackets.

It was decidedly weird packing my surplus clothing into various drawers. All of my clothes for the 'six weeks of winter' are either hanging in the wardrobe, in the small chest of drawers (underwear, pjs and sports clothes) or being laundered.  

No comments:

Post a Comment