27 January, 2017

15 Minute Declutter: Shower Room


This is a mission borrowed from June, but I'm sure the shower room will be ready for another declutter by the time that month comes around.

Everything was taken out of the room.  People were invited to select the items they liked and used, These items were washed and were neatly put back into the shower room. The rest was ditched. 

This is getting to be liberating. I want to do more, but at the same time I want to proceed at a good pace.  It is a marathon, or perhaps double marathon as it's 52 weeks, and not a sprint.  Part of the process is getting rid of 'stuff', but it's also about learning to maintain the decluttered, organised areas, not re-cluttering, and learning new patterns of behaviour.  

I want a warm, inviting house that's calm and free from clutter. At this rate, I'm going to get it.  It might not happen within 52 weeks.  If it doesn't, then I'll pick up from where I left off and keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment