19 January, 2017

15 Minute Declutter: Mugs

This challenge is on the cards for next month, but last night the mood for mug-decluttering came over me. That was fine when it was just me, but when The Beloved got involved it turned into a bit more of a challenge. 

By the sink there is a shelf and hanging space for mugs. 18 can fit in that space. Surely 18 mugs is sufficient for three people! Apparently not!
There’s a set of  white mugs just like the one below. 
image title

There’s 5 Doctor Who ones, and a couple of Sheepy ones, and a Crystal Gems one too. The Beloved added one patterned mug. I can understand that one as it’s bigger than the rest, and sometimes he needs more coffee. But he also added in five plain white mugs (heavy, clunky, thick). I was going to take them into the office for use there. His reasoning was that the rest of the mugs were mine, and he didn’t want to coffee-inate my mugs! At this point I reminded him of two very important things. The first being ‘all my worldly goods I thee endow’. The second was mugs washed in hot, soapy water come clean, and are uncontaminated by the the evils of coffee!
I have a migraine hangover, and thinking isn’t my things just now. I tried to reason with him, and gave up and said I would bribe him instead. A Snicker bar (chocolate, nougat and nuts) was handed over. He declared himself two thirds bribed as I hadn’t given him a full sized Snicker. It was only a 2/3 sized one from a multipack.
(sigh)
Who’du think it would be so difficult to get rid of mugs?!

Today, the mugs were washed, along with two cups!.  Ten mugs and two cups have made their way into the pile of items to be donated.  And I'm now looking forward to decluttering plates and bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment