01 January, 2017

No Resolutions for 2017


This year, I have no new resolutions. Instead, I'm going to be undertaking a number of challenges.  

There's one on-going challenge, 52 weeks to an organized home. If I am unable to follow all 52 weeks it's not a problem. I dipped in and out of it last year and found it really helpful. The areas I tackled are still looking good, but could do with a re-fresh, and the rest of the house could definitely do with a bit of organisation. I don't expect my house to be organised within the year, but I know it will be in a better state by the end of the year than it is now. Baby-steps forward are what I'm after.

One of the challenges set at the end of 2016 was to establish an evening routine. This will be a re-establishment for me.  Previously, I would get ready for bed at 10pm, then sit on my bed in pjs, and listen to an audio-book whilst crafting. This really put me in a good frame for sleep. Sadly, when I developed De Quervain's disease (inflammation of the tendons in the thumb extending in to the wrist) this good pattern stopped.

My new pattern will be to start getting ready at 10, getting into pjs, laying out my clothes for the next day, reading and a little bit of crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment