05 June, 2017

The holidays are over


I've now had two weeks at home, providing food and clean clothes, and pretty much doing what I wanted. There was so little structure to my day. Things drifted. In the past, this would have been the norm, but now I want goals. My goal for this week is to deep clean the kitchen.

The ToDo-TaDa! list is back, and goals have been set. So far this morning I have:
  • put away clean laundry
  • washed a load of laundry
  • dried a load of laundry
  • cleaned the microwave
  • defrosting the fridge
  • check fridge contents to see if anything needed to be tossed (nothing)
  • changed our home insurance company
  • started scrubbing the kitchen floor
Another thing I'm doing is the 30 Day Declutter Challenge. On the first day, you declutter one item, two on the second day, etc all the way to the end of the month. This leads to 465 items leaving the house! 

The last few days have been ridiculously easy. I've been able to gather more items than required each day. These items are being squirreled away to bring out when it might be tougher. So far, 15 items are in the 'neither needed nor required pile'.

No comments:

Post a Comment