20 June, 2017

The Disadvantages of Decluttering


Search the internet and you will find so many positive things being written or vlogged regarding the advantages of decluttering. It's so much harder to find anything about the disadvantages. I'm totally on board with the advantages. It has been making my life so very much easier in many ways. 

My bedroom is now a calm, tidy, decluttered space. The sitting room is tidy most of the time, and can be returned to tidiness in less than 5 minutes. I love it.

However, there is one major disadvantage, now the stuff has disappeared from a number of places, I can see how many objects are drab and sad. I can see the spider's web on the ceiling, and the dust on the picture rail. My home needs some tender, loving care. It needs a deep clean, and redecorating.

Currently I'm caught in a difficult place. Various rooms have been decluttered, and I want to get them deep cleaned and redecorated, then to maintain them at this level. At the same time, I want to get the whole house decluttered. 


I didn't sleep well last night. I'm tired, and I just want a clean, calm, tidy house. I want a place of rest, relaxation, creativity and welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment