03 June, 2017

Rainbow Squares en Pointe


It's done. The quilt is finished. The photograph shows it on top of my white duvet. The dark purple triangles show the edge of the quilt.  

The pattern is Diamond Patch from the Quilting Digest website. The design is very simple. Me, being me, didn't bother with a pattern, and I just worked from the photograph. In my version, the large squares started out at 6.5", and the small ones at 2.5". This gives a finished block size of 6". The edging triangles started out as 8" squares, then cut in half along the diagonal. This was done for two reasons, it let me square things up well, and also it ensured the tips of the white squares would not be lots in the binding. In engineering terms, I reverse engineered the quilt design.

It is certainly as design I would use again.  It's fantastic to know my quilt fits the top of my bed so perfectly. When I come to make a quilt for that be, I know exactly the size to make for a central panel. I'd extend it up a bit to cover the pillows, and I'll probably use a different style on the sides of the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment