13 June, 2017

Growing veggies


I came across this image whilst searching of 'growing vegetables'. It's so funny. The veggies have been removed from the ground, washed and then nestled in some of the finest growing compound around.  It is so utterly unlike the realities of growing veggies!

A friend and neighbour will be heading off to receive treatment soon. She will be away for over 3 months. She has friends who will house sit, but they are not into gardening. I have asked if I might play in the raised beds in her front garden. 

Today was my first 'play'. I managed about 10 minutes of weeding and light soil turning. Then my back started having a grumble. I thought it best to stop whilst I was still enjoying it, and go back later.  My plan is to get one little section cleared and then plant some very late onion sets and radishes.

----

In other news, the laundry has been washed and is drying. Dinner prep has begun, and the kitchen has been cleaned.  It's now time to do some sock knitting, and then later decluttering.



No comments:

Post a Comment