03 June, 2017

A Collection of Quilts

These are the quilts I have made.

Baby Quilt (2012)


My first quilt! I made so many mistakes in this quilt and was bemoaning the fact when a friend came over and started oohing and aahing over it. She didn't see the mistakes, all she saw was as colourful, useful quilt. I knew if I kept it I would only see the mistakes, so I gave it to her as she could see the beauty.

Denim and fleece quilt (January 2014)





This quilt is unusual in that it has no batting between the top and bottom layer, but with the weight of the denim and the warmth of the fleece it isn't required. It is the underside of the quilt that I like best. It looks so much tidier! No fuzzy, frayed edges.

Autumn Leaves for Mam and Dad (July 2014)


My Mam loves autumnal colours. I wanted to make something special for their Golden Wedding, and this pattern called to me.

Grandma's Flower Garden (October 2015)


At the start of our summer holidays I picked up a rainbow jelly roll and decided to have a go at hand piecing and hand quilting. It's hand sewn and hand quilted, apart from the first line of stitching on the binding, that was done by machine.


Nightmare before Christmas (Christmas 2015)




The bottom of the quilt was machine pieced. Borders were added to the top and bottom, and the quilt was hand quilted. The printed Jack Skellington design was used as a reference for my lines of quilting.

And now, the latest finished quilting project, Rainbow Squares en Pointe, finished today.


I've been trying out different techniques, and the one I have just started is another technique again, quilt-as-you-go. This will be a baby quilt and will use up some of the materials and batting I bought to make Rainbow Squares en Pointe.

No comments:

Post a Comment