10 June, 2017

Bunting


A friend asked me where I could buy bunting, so I pointed him in the direction of several shops. They had nothing that suited his needs. Being a crafty little bear, I offered to make some. The brief was 'colourful and joyful, and about 3m long'.  Here, I present, colourful, joyful, about three metre long bunting.

Jenny Doane of Missouri Star Quilt Company has a bunting tutorial. Jenny uses a stack of pre-cut 10" squares. I bought 25cm (10") of seven different polycottons, and then cut them into 25cm squares. The fabric was 110cm, and gave 4 squares in each colour. At the end of the tutorial, the extra tab is folded over. Instead, I left a tab of 2cm, folded and ironed it. The raw edge was enclosed when I was sewing on the white tape.

The request was for 'about three metres', and two runs through the rainbow was enough to make about three metres. I've been able to get two sets of bunting from the fabric. 


No comments:

Post a Comment