28 June, 2017

Mini-declutter in the Bedroom


In the course of the 21 item bedroom declutter, a few crafty bits were unearthed. These have been gathered and will be handed over to Gill. She will use them to make Twiddle Mitts (pictured above).

Gill has a friend who like to knit squares, just squares. Gill takes the squares, sews them together, and add various decorations and twiddle-able bits. These Twiddle Mitts are given to people with dementia. Many people with dementia have 'active fingers'. They keep picking at things, scratching, working away all the time. This can lead to IV drips being removed, cannulas becoming infected, skin scratched and rubbed. The Mitt gives the busy fingers something to do, a distraction. It improves the life of dementia patients, and it uses up little bits and pieces of crafty stuff.

----

Fourteen things have left my wardrobe, well, maybe twelve. There's a pair of purple shoes I like, but I seem to remember the fastenings were not staying closed. I'll wear them today and see if they work. If they don't, they will be disappearing. Three items have been given a reprieve as they are a smidge too small. Next time I'm in bottom drawer I'll look at them again. There's also three pairs of worn out shoes I shall say goodbye to.

The hair care drawer was the next place to receive my attention. More than 21 items left that drawer alone! Goodbye to a mini CD, some ribbons, a webcam(!), old booklets, random bits of paper, a hairbrush that hurts my head... just lots of little bits of crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment