26 June, 2017

My Body is Falling Apart

It was around my current age my Mam was diagnosed with high blood pressure, thyroid problems, diabetes, high cholesterol etc. She is on a cocktail of drugs and looks fine and healthy. My body is currently acting up, and I could be going the same way. I want to do something about this and see if I can avoid the cocktail of drugs, and the perpetuation of bad habits just because a drug is taking up the slack.

Last month was Iron May and it got me moving. The steroids I was given for the major asthma incident changed my taste buds and sent me searching for vegetables and fruit. Both were very good changes to my life. Consumption of fruit and vegetables has reduced, but it's still better than my pre-Easter diet. Sadly, the June weather has caused my joints to be very sore, and I have taken almost no exercise this month.

This is changing. This morning I was back on my bike and I cycled 4 miles. Later today I'll walk a mile. My meals will be around about 50% veggies, 25% protein, and 25% carbohydrates. Snacks will be fruit, and drinks will be water and Earl Grey with lemon.  I need to make this work for my body's sake.  I'd rather like it to last another 50 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment