23 June, 2017

Decluttered, Clean, Tidy Bedroom

'Tis done!  The bedroom is now decluttered, clean and tidy, all three at once! 

Yesterday there was a fair bit of dusting, and the floor was swept. Today, The Beloved got up high to do the top of the wardrobe and the picture rails. I finished the lower dusting. The bed was drawn out, the suitcases moved from under the bed, and then the whole floor was mopped. 

I'm looking out, and there are a few, a very few items out of place. The dustpan and brush hadn't made it back to the laundry. There's a hair tie by my bed, and a pair of The Beloved's shorts.  That's it. Everything else is where it should be.

I'm sure we could do some more decluttering, especially with books and clothes, but for now, we are done. My intention is to do the 365 Declutter Challenge again next year. The kitchen was done last year, and again this year, and I'm happier with it now. The linen cupboard has also been done twice, and I'm really happy with the set up.  It was an area with a great propensity towards mess. Now the cupboard contains so much less it far easier to keep it tidy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment