24 June, 2017

Sleep is for Wimps!

At this time of year, it's very common for me to be awake at 5-5.30 in the morning.  The light levels cause me to be awake early in the morning, and not go to bed until late (11.30pm-ish) at night. In the winter, the dark mornings and evenings result in a sleepy bear.

Goodness knows what happened last night!  I was awake until 3.30am!  I was so worried I would fall asleep and the be awake at 5.30. Thankfully, I managed to get all the way through until 8.30 (with a half-time loo break).  There was a quick nap around lunch time too. And it's only now at gone 11pm I'm starting to yawn. 

About 10 years ago I had shingles. I was exhausted all the time, but sleep was often difficult. This was when I learned that even if you are not able to sleep, then at least take the time to rest. It's so much easier now. A talking book or a Kindle, gives the brain something to react to whilst allowing the body to rest.

(yawn) Right, that's it!  I'm off to bed. (yawn) Night all. Hope you have a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment