08 July, 2017

Summer Cleaning


Over the last few weeks I've been trying to get into regular habits of cleaning rather than the random, hit and miss system I have been using. It's starts off with a deep clean, and then regular top ups. So far, I've been doing a daily wipe and swish in the wee room, and a weekly clean in the sitting room, bedroom and bathroom.  The kitchen is wiped down every day.

We have visitors arriving tonight, and it was a perfect opportunity to finish off the deep clean of the bathroom and the shower room. We have also been working in the Younger Offspring's bedroom (where the visitors will be staying), the front porch and the front of the house.

My aim is to establish cleaning routines and for them to be so routine I don't have to think about them, they just get done. I don't like cleaning, but I like the results.

There's been a mild spot of decluttering. The low nursing chair has gone. It was the one I was nursed in as a baby, and was given to me when we moved into a house (rather than a one bedroom flat) when the Elder Offspring was 18 months old. The springs had gone on the seat, and we have not used the chair in at least 6 years. Various cushions have gone to the amenities site along with the chair.  It might be someone else might find them useful. But we don't need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment