13 July, 2017

Le Creuset Heaven

For around 25 years, on and off, I have lusted after Le Creuset cookware. This was brought to a head once again whilst watching a cookery programme where the Hairy Bikers were using a beautiful purple skillet. However, as always, the weight of cast iron was too much for my joints. When we were in Gloucester visiting the Elder Offspring, I visited a shop selling Le Crueset and found the skillet above was sufficiently light for me to lift.The skillet can be used on the hob (gas or electric), in the oven, and under the grill. It was added to my wishlist.

So far, it's proved to be very useful in risotto-making and chicken and cider stewing. I've also used it make pancakes, and it was okay, but Ill be using my pancake pan in the future.

It was expensive, one of the most expensive kitchen presents I have received. I'm rather overwhelmed to receive such an expensive gift, and for having that amount of money spent on a skillet. However, it is something that will last and last, and will be used again and again. As items wear out the decision will be taken whether to replace them or no. If we decide to replace, they will be replaced by an item that will last. Buy once, buy well.

No comments:

Post a Comment