27 July, 2017

Strengthening Shoulders and Reducing Arm Jiggle

My shoulders have dislocated more times that I could possibly count. I want to build up my muscles to hold the joints in place properly. My arms are weak and jiggly; it would be great to increase their strength and decrease their jiggle. 

To this end, I have started following a youtube video for exactly these outcomes. Yesterday I was able to do 15 repeats of the first two exercises. Today I managed 20. Both were done using 0.5kg weights. The instructor was showing how to do this using 3kg weights! Perhaps she has a little more practise in these exercises than I have.

My intention is to do the first two exercises 20 times each until they become easier. Then I'll add in the next exercise, etc. There 12 exercises! The next stage will be to increase the weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment