18 July, 2017

Gardening


My attention for the last 6 months has been focused on decluttering the contents of the house. Things have slipped in the garden. The place is a bit of a jungle. There's weeds everywhere!

I'm going to employ the strategies that have worked inside the house. The primary one is working in specified chunks of time. Fifteen minutes worked well in the house, but in the garden, it needs to be ten minutes. There's so much low level work my knees and back can't handle the bending for more than ten minutes at a time.

The garden consists of a brick terrace with various planters and pots. I don't think there's anything in the garden I wish to keep, apart from the pots and planters. The weeds, plants, contents of the shed, mirror and broken bench can all go. The plan is to start at the dining room window and work my way down the garden. At the weekend, I'll empty out a couple planters and pots, and ask the Beloved to take the garden waste to the amenities site. The load will be topped off with unwanted items from the garden shed. 

Bit by bit it will get done.  And when it has been done I'll start planning for ways to improve it. It would be good to have a garden to grow things, rather than just a place to dry washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment