20 July, 2017

Gardening Continues


The brick terrace at the rear of house is starting to look rather subdued in places. The area nearest the house was the least weed infested and that is where we started. At the rate we are going, a third of the terrace will be cleared by the end of the weekend. Admittedly it's the easy third, but a third is a third, and it's not to be sneezed at. 

One lovely discovery is that the rhubarb plant has survived. I'm taking it as a symbol for the rest of the garden. There is hope. With a bit of nurture and care. things will start growing.

In other news, the Sea Foam Shawl is continuing. It's the first time in ages I have worked with mohair and I had forgotten how much it can shed!  Perhaps a black dress was not the best clothing to wear whilst knitting.  Although, I stop knitting from time to time just to feel the beautiful fabric I am creating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment