11 July, 2017

Many Happy Returns!


Surprise celebrations can be a bit strange. I knew we were going out to dinner, and I had suggested we change the date. The Beloved told me it was not going to be possible, and I could tell something was up, but he wanted it to be a surprise, so I didn't push it. My friends stopped talking to me. My husband was a bit weird, and the Offspring asked a few difficult questions whilst I was in the room. I ignored it all.

The plan, as far as it was told to me, was to go to my favourite restaurant for dinner. When we arrived I saw my friends, F, L and B. I wasn't surprised, but I was very happy. My happiness continued to grown when the Beloved explained to the waiter the table was too small. Another five joined us.

To state it simply, it was wonderful. All the people (on the island) I care most about were there. It was so good. So good I needed to borrow the Beloved's handkerchief  because my eyes were leaking a little. They sang 'Happy Birthday' in with harmonies.  I love these people.

Thank you, my Beloved. You did an excellent job, and I understand how difficult it was not to tell me about your plans.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment