25 July, 2017

Evening Routine


My Evening Routine has been a bit more 'hit and miss' than the Morning one. I suspect this is because I am a morning person, and am at my best at the start rather than the end of the day.

These are the things I want to have done before I go to bed. It doesn't matter to me who does them, except for the sitting in bed crafting whilst listening to a story. That one is mine, and I'm not giving it up! Ideally, I would like the dishes put away before bed, but it's not high on my priorities just now.
  • wash dishes
  • wipe kitchen (cooker front, hob, appliances)
  • tidy sofa
  • straighten coffee table
  • pick up clutter from the kitchen and sitting room
  • take out rubbish from kitchen and sitting room
  • put away laundry
  • sit in bed listening to an audio book whilst crafting
In the previous version of the Evening Routine, I had 'put dirty clothes in the washing basket'. This is now so ingrained I do it automatically. Strangely enough, I also automatically make my bed in the morning, but I have chosen to leave that on the list. It gives me 'an easy win' first thing. 

Another task no longer on my Evening Routine is 'lay out clothes for the morning'. This was really useful when I was working outside of the house. Having my clothes ready and waiting for me made the morning smoother. It's not something I need now. And with a fully stocked wardrobe, neatly laid out, it's easy to select appropriate clothing in the morning. When I start doing things outside of the home first thing, I'll go back to laying out my clothes in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment