21 July, 2017

Amazon Prime

On the 11th of July I signed up for Amazon Prime. It was Prime Day, and a steam cleaner I had been thinking about buying for a while was on special offer. (The Vax steam cleaner has been great. We have used it on laminate flooring, vinyl flooring and carpets. All have come up beautifully.)

Part of the Prime deal (free for the first month) is a slew of films, 'television' programmes, music and Kindle books, as well as free shipping on a huge number of different items. I'm just about to watch a film that's been on my wishlist for a little while. This is at no additional cost to me. Likewise, I have just finished the first Harry Potter on Kindle.

At the end of the month I will decide whether I wish to keep the Prime service going (about £8) per month, or not. If I'm reading one book per month, and watching one film, then it is cheaper to do it via Prime than by buying the Kindle book/film directly. However, the question will be whether I can get the titles I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment