23 July, 2017

Reflections of Amazon Prime Videos

I have been singularly unimpressed by the Amazon Prime Video sections. The one non-dystopian sci-fi programme I watched was terrible. It was 'Benny Hill in space'. Benny Hill was sketch show comedian in the 70s and 80s. His material was very much of its time, full of stereotypes and institutional sexism. The jokes in the sci-fi programme were utterly cringe worthy and so sexist. The plot was non-existent. 

A couple of other programmes I stopped watching after about 5 minutes because of the sex scenes, swearing and drug taking. I've come to the conclusion I am most definitely not the target audience.

On a positive note, I was able to watch "Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood". It had been recommended to me. It had been on my wishlist. It was an okay film, and I was very happy not to have paid for it. It fell into the category of 'watch it once, and then give the DVD to a charity shop'. 

At the moment, I am against continuing with Prime after the free month. I don't order enough items for the free shipping to be much of a draw. KindleUnlimited seems to be far more to my tastes. 

----

Hold on a moment! I have just found "Lucifer"!  I love the programme.

No comments:

Post a Comment