16 April, 2017

Socks!


I had forgotten how much I like knitting socks!

When we were visiting with the Elder Offsping I inspected the socks I knitted for her about 4 years ago.  She wears them with her Doc Marten's. They have held up incredibly well, and so far need no daring! However, a woolly sock wearer needs more than 4 pairs of socks. And so, a new pair of socks was started, in dark grey.  

EO is happy to wear any hand knitted socks, as long as they are a single colour, in stocking stitch, and aren't red, orange, yellow or brown.  I have free reign in all other matters.  Although, there was one time I managed to sneak in a pair that were stripes of teal and blue!  I felt so subversive. 

A few stats for this new pair of socks. 56 stitches, 20 rounds of rib, 50 rounds of stocking stitch, heel flap worked over 28 rows and stitches.  I think I will need a foot to complete them though, so they will be knitted to fit a larger footed sibling, and then the toes re-worked to give the right size.

No comments:

Post a Comment