12 April, 2017

Motivation is Key - act on it straight away!


The task I had assigned myself today was to move the crafting materials from my bedroom into the guest room/craft room, and also the Elder Offspring's stuff too. After lunch I was all ready to do this, but The Beloved, who is currently ill, said he was going to have a nap. I could hardly go in and out of the bedroom, tidying and decluttering whilst he was trying to sleep.

It's now 9.30pm, and I've just realised I haven't decluttered or tidied today. I had the urge to declutter just before he had his nap, but it has well and truly left me. The moral is declutter/tidy when the mood strikes, use the energy to push on and get things done.

Instead of the larger task, I'm going for a smaller one of removing the items from the top of the large chest of drawers. This will take a few minutes, but it will mean decluttering happens.

Ideas for the rest of the week:
Thursday: move the boxes of crafting materials into the guest room.Dust the room, then sweep.

Friday: assemble new desk chairs and remove old ones for disposal on Saturday.

Saturday: declutter the tiny shelves outside the bedroom door. Make various donations at charity shops and visit the amenities site to dispose of recycling/rubbish

Sunday: take futon/sofa from bedroom and move to guest room.

No comments:

Post a Comment