16 April, 2017

Remember to breathe!


I'm still learning to cut myself some slack, and it's hard sometimes to remember just to sit still and remember to breathe.

A week ago my GP prescribed a hefty dose of steroids to get my breathing back on the right track.  Whilst I was at that higher level I was able to do so much more. But now I've dropped down to 3/4 of that dose I'm constantly finding myself just that little bit short of breath.  It's a very tiring way to live.  It feels are if I've always just had to sprint for the bus, and then collapsed onto the seat, catching my breathe. The Ventolin inhaler is not making a significant difference to my breathing.

I'm going to go against doctor's orders and increase the oral steroids back to the higher level for a few days. I'm too tired, and breathing is too hard.

I had all sorts of plans made for this week, and this weekend, and they are all on hold.  The only things I've managed to do are go to the Yarnies meeting, and some sock knitting.  I'm a person who likes to be doing, completing, getting stuff done, and it's so very hard just now. When your airways are constricted getting oxygen into your lungs takes work, often double the amount of work as it would normally do.  If anyone doubles their physical work load for 3 weeks, they are going to get tired. I'm tired.

I want to breathe.    

No comments:

Post a Comment