22 April, 2017

Bedroom Decluttering!


At last, at long last, I've made significant progress in the grand bedroom declutter!

The clutter is now all contained in one small corner of the room. It's a heady mix of Elder Offspring's old school books, crafting materials and unidentified crap. There's about 10 bags/boxes.The futon is currently being dis-assmbled, ready to be taken upstairs for the guest bedroom. About 8 bags of books and assorted items have been removed, as well as rubbish.

And it's gone. The futon has gone! The exercise bike has been set in place, and the laundry basket. Stuff has gone, and there's a huge, stupid grin on my face! I am so utterly delighted! I look around my bedroom and I feel calm and blissful!

Just noticed, one more thing. The Elder Offspring created a pencil drawing of a vase of roses. It's currently hanging above the bed. It would look even better over the fireplace.

So much clear, clean space. Uncluttered horizontal surfaces on which the eye can rest. Yes! This is my bedroom. This is the room I have wanted for ages. It's not yet quite finished, but it's taken a huge leap forward today.

No comments:

Post a Comment