20 April, 2017

Inspired by: Butternut squash pasta


The original recipe called for pasta, goat's cheese, butternut squash, roquette and pine nuts. I had pasta, goat's cheese, and butternut squash, but not the leaves or nuts.

Today's version is gluten-free pasta, and fresh green beans cooked to al dente. Some left over cooked butternut squash (not enough), halved cherry tomatoes and toasted walnuts.

It is tasty, but needs less pasta and more veggies. The walnuts didn't do it for me, and I would have preferred the pine nuts. (Must put them on the shopping list!) But the green beans do!

Next time, I'll use a whole butternut squash, cooking it the day before and leaving to chill overnight. The pasta will be cold. There will be pine nuts too. Instead of using a soft spreadable goat's cheese I'll use crumbled Feta (must add to shopping list too). Oh! Stilton would be good too. Then the whole lot will the tossed with a light vinaigrette dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment