06 December, 2018

Get Rid of Five Things


This morning started off well, getting rid of some baby powder (I didn't like the smell) and an old asthma inhaler. It took a turn for the worse when I blocked two people from Facebook, and then it swung around again when I decided to give up my pain. 

I Googled "How to let go". This article claimed to be a five minute read, but I found it was more like a solid 30 minutes of challenging work. 

For the last 17 months I have been incredibly butt-hurt, and instead of dealing with the problem I ran from it, or perhaps more accurately, I hid. Strange enough, hiding doesn't solve problems. I realised I need to do some work on how I react to situations that could become confrontational, or might hurt my feelings. In essence, I need to become more mature in how I deal with relationships. I've started the process of forgiving them, and myself, for our mistakes.

I had no idea today would be so challenging. However, I am choosing to be happy. I am choosing to say goodbye to pain, and I'm choosing to have a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment