13 December, 2018

Don't Complain!


The challenge was "go the entire day without complaining". I don't think I managed it. There was a little incident after dinner when the Beloved was asked a question, and he didn't respond. This really, really bugs me. I don't know if he has heard, is thinking about it, has decided upon something and hasn't yet shared the information, or whether he is ignoring me. We had a little discussion about this and it was resolved by the following:

Me: You're a poo poo head.
Him: Your poo poo head.

That seemed to sum it all up, and everything was fine again.

When I was looking for images to use with this blog post, they were all rather wordy. A few made me stop and think. One I really liked was "Happy people don't complain." and this is true. The unhappier I am, the more I complain.

I also liked "Don't be a complainer - make things better." This could well be my motto for next year! An interesting one was "Don't complain about things you are unwilling to change." "Complaining does not work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won't make us happier."

Some thought provoking stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment