01 May, 2017

The Second Sideboard Cupboard

Work has started on the second cupboard of the sideboard. It's another DVD storage area. I have taken out the DVDs I want to keep and have slotted them into the coffee table chest. 

During my declutter, I found we have two copies of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, and also two Disney VHS tapes.  The tapes have been put in the rubbish bin, and one copy of Priscilla will make it's way to a charity shop.

The others will have their turn later today in selecting the items they want to keep from that cupboard. I am finding 'select the things you want to keep' results in more items being disposed of than 'select the things you want to get rid of'. 

Once the DVDs have been decluttered I'm going to need to look at re-organising them. I think all of the films will fit into the coffee table chest.  The sideboard can be used for music DVDs, documentaries and stand up comedy.  The bookcase will be sci-fi corner, and be the home of the various television series we have.

----

It was strange on Saturday when we took our donations to the charity shop. One of the women started opening the bags whilst we were there. As she 'oohed' over figurine I had a moment of remorse. It would have been easier if they had waited until we left before opening. However, it was the emotion of a moment. I'm not missing it at all, and I'm loving, absolutely loving, having a tidy, decluttered bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment