01 May, 2017

Iron May has started!


Top of the Leaderboard!

That's my first day of Iron May completed. The goal is to walk 1 mile each day, cycle 4 miles and then once a week swim half a mile.

I might have managed the first injury of the completion too. I dislocated one of my toes whilst putting on my socks this morning! Thankfully it was a minor setback and the toe was relocated without incident.

(a few minutes later...) Fabulous Fi has managed to pass me on the leaderboard. She has walked 2 miles. Each section of the challenge counts for a third of the completed IronMan. Whilst I have travelled farther, she has completed more. We both have had a turn at the top of the board.

(12 hours later...) Fi has swum half a mile, cycled 7.5 miles and walked/run 5. I have managed 8 miles of cycling and 2 walking miles. And, I'm just about falling asleep!  I can hardly keep my eyes open. I want to get up onto that bike and add another 4 miles before bed, but I'm so tired. Please, someone, anyone, tell me this is a marathon (literally, there's a marathon in it!), not a sprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment