21 May, 2017

Cold


This is the time of year when I start suffering with my dogdy joints again. Warmer days means shorter sleeves, and no socks/tights. However, it leaves my wrists and ankles exposed and this can lead to cold ankles/wrists, and therefore cold joints. Cardigans and socks cause me to over heat.

Today, I finished (as much as I can) socks for the Elder Offspring. It won't be until she is next on my little island I can measure her feet and fine tune the length of the foot. A three needle cast off has been used to secure the stitches, and when she nexts visits I'll fit the socks to her feet.

In a spirit of wanting to use us the leftover year, and also trying to prevent cold, sore joints, I've cast on ankle warmer socks. On 2.75mm needles, using 4ply yarn, I've cast on 64 sts and worked in 2x2 rib. The idea is to make something similar to yoga socks, but just covering the ankles and part of the instep. This will provide warmth exactly where isn't needed on the ankle and foot without causing me to overheat.

The challenge will be to create something similar for my wrists, but that doesn't make me look like I'm wearing sweat bands for tennis!


No comments:

Post a Comment