20 May, 2017

Busy, busy, busy


My last day at work came and went, and I was still finishing off items I wanted to complete. I was able to complete the various tasks, but it took a great deal longer to go through almost 9 years of files and ditch the things no longer needed, back up the website, and backup all files. Just after 9pm on Thursday I handed back the keys for the office and a list of passwords/accounts. Also on Thursday I cycled 15 miles.

Friday brought a whole day of doing nothing! I napped twice, and was still able to get a good night's sleep. During the day I hung out one load of laundry and washed a second lot, and I made dinner. That was about the sum total of work done.

Today, I'm off to Manx Yarnies and lovely Sweet Ginger Emporium. My work colleagues have given me a leaving gift of vouchers for Sweet Ginger. There is one thing I definitely want to buy, 50cm of thick black elastic! I'm having problems with trousers being too loose and threatening to fall down. My life is happier with secure trousers. What else I'm going to buy is anybody's guess. 

Oh! I know!  A metre of yellow fabric to add to a jellyroll of blues to make a jelly roll race quilt, and some fabric to make a border for the rainbow stripe quilt I'm going to make. At some point in the future, there will be backing fabric, and batting to buy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment