13 May, 2017

Eating Healthier


Since challenge to declutter recipe books, way back at the end of January, I've been trying to include healthier, tastier meals in our rotation of recipes. This has been working.  When I started taking steroids to clear my lungs I had a funny taste in my mouth. It's as if I've been eating saccharine tablets. It's a known side effect of the steroids. I have been unable to taste anything bitter or sour. It's weird having Earl Grey tea with lemon, and it tasting sweet.

The one group of foods I could taste has been vegetables. For the past month our consumption of vegetables has sky rocketed. I don't think this is a known side effect of steroids!  

With the increase in lung capacity, increase in vegetables, and increase in exercise (IronMay), this seems the perfect time to look at my diet and be more purposeful about it all.  My desire it to retain the increase in veggies, once my taste buds return to normal, and to keep up the 30 minutes of exercise a day too. (On today's shopping list of 40 items, 24 are fruit and veggies!)

I'm going to visit my GP in two weeks, and I've decided to keep a food diary during these two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment