27 May, 2017

Busy Crafting

This image is a place holder, showing the type of yoga socks I have made.
My new 'yoga' socks have just been completed. One is on my right foot, and the other is folded in two are is being sported on my left wrist! There's some yarn left over, and me thinks it would be a good idea to make a set of wrist warmers. Then my left ankle can be encased in wool.

My ankles can become rather cold in the evenings of warm/hot days, and this leads to pain. The yoga socks cover the ankle and instep, but keep the heel and toes free. This provides warmth without the overheating that would occur if I were to simply put on an ordinary pair of socks. My wrists can also become cold, and therefore sore. The wrist warmers will help prevent pain, which is a Good Thing.

In other crafting news, I have almost finished the quilt top, Rainbow Squares en Pointe. I'm still very new to quilting, and have decided to make a tied quilt. Tomorrow I will finish the sewing, sandwich the top, batting and bottom, and then baste it. Next I'll add the binding, and last I'll tie it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment