11 May, 2017

Life Continues Apace


Whilst swimming today, I started having problems with cramp in the muscles by the balls of my feet. When I got out of the pool to stretch and stuff, one of the life guards came over to check on me. He gave advice on  a better method of stretching, and asked "When did you last drink?"  

He explained many people don't realise how hard they are working whilst swimming, and they need to replenish their fluid supply. I drank about 750ml, and finished my swim. After the swim, I finished the litre.

I have always been so tired after swimming half a mile, and I'd thought it was because I had just swum half a mile. It's not! It's because I was dehydrated! Half a mile done, and I'm feeling fine and dandy, not wiped out at all. It's a revelation to me.

At work, decluttering, re-ordering and completing work continues. I'm looking forward to Tuesday afternoon when it is all over.  Getting all the work done I want to get done, before I leave is the goal. My desire is to leave it all in a state where people can pick up various aspects of the work and be able to start work. 
Oh, and the IronMay triathlon is 42% done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment