04 September, 2017

Study Declutter: Day 2

Whilst chatting with the Elder Offspring I found out she doesn't want her old computer, just the hard disc. The Beloved is going to remove the hard disc this week, and I'll pack it away with the rest of her belonging in my study. I'll lift the computer up onto the cleared desk, and this will give me some a way into on of the cluttered corners. This will be come the place to store the Elder Offspring's stuff.

Whilst I'm moving things around, I'll be on the look out for four items I can declutter. 

But, first things first. It's time to tidy my bedroom. ... And done! 1 minute and 20 seconds. That's how long it too me to make the bed, and tidy a few items of clothing.  Before going to be tonight, I'm going to put away my clothes and lay out tomorrow's outfit. Let's see if I can get the morning tidying down to less than 1 minute. If my 14 year old self could see me now! She would think I had been mind wiped and had my brain altered! But I do so like having a tidy bedroom.

The four items decluttered are all things bought, and unused: a handbag, curtain pole and rings, baby socks and black gloves. 

Also removed from the room: two baby cardigans, a wine bottle 'cozy' and a valance sheet. The cardigans have been washed. One was finished, and the other finished all bar buttons. The valance sheet will be cut up and used to make a pillow case for the Younger Offspring's bolster pillow. There might even be enough fabric for two! I don't know what I was thinking making a wine bottle cozy! It's being unravelled and will be knitted into a hat instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment