08 September, 2017

Guilt-free Crafting

Today's unearthing included a cross stitch bookmark of fuchsias. My Mam loves fuchsias, so I'll finish it and send it as part of her Christmas present. On Monday, I found a Dennis the Menace baby/toddler sweater that was just needing 4 buttons to be sewn on at the neck. Tuesday saw the unearthing of the buttons, and as soon as I sit in my crafty corner I'll sew the buttons on!

A little nagging thought has been niggling away at the back of my head. It wants me to feel guilty over all the materials and projects that I have bought or started and have left forgotten in a box, or hidden away. I have decided, "Sod that!" I'm not going to feel guilty. I'm simply going to declutter and dispose of the things I don't want. Some things like the fuchsia bookmark and Dennis the Menace sweater will be finished and given away.  

Life's too short for regrets of this nature.  Far better to put emotional energy into other things, like being kind and compassionate, generous, loving etc. Sod guilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment