05 September, 2017

Crafting Materials


My suspicion is there's three main reasons why I didn't want to start on my study. The first was the Elder Offspring's belonging were forming a barrier to some of my clutter. This was dealt with yesterday. All of her boxes are now tidily stored in one corner of the room. The second was the sheer amount of clutter, and the third how much of that clutter was crafting supplies.

In the last 8 weeks I have been to a craft shop twice. Once was to buy batting and thread to finish of the Pre-Quilt, and once to buy fabric for a brand new quilt. I realised over the weekend I needed more fabric to finish the quilt. A friend was heading in that direction yesterday and bought the fabric for me. (Edited to add: I forgot about the cone of yarn I ordered from Amazon at the weekend. That's going to be a winter sweater for me.)

My intention for the last little while has been to work from stash as much as possible, only buying new materials to finish a project. A further refinement to the plan is to take turns making a new item and finish an existing project. It looks like I need make a further refinement to allow me to create totally new projects. Perhaps:

  • new project (from stash)
  • finish an unfinished one
  • new project (from stash)
  • finish an unfinished one
  • brand new project
Looking at my recent work, there's two projects on the go, flared wrist warmers and the Muppet baby quilt. The wrist warmers are being made from stash, and the baby quilt is brand new. The Sea Foam Shawl was from stash, and the Pre-Quilt an unfinished. If I finish an unfinished I will be on track. There's a little sweater I unearthed yesterday that just needs some buttons. That will work!

----

The five decluttered things have come not from my study, but the laundry! Whilst putting in some washing I noticed the shelf above the washing machine was looking rather disorganised. At one end there's paints and brushes, in the middle, cleaning products, and at the other end some gardening stuff. Saying 'bye-bye' are two decorative pots, two vases and a flower basket. My suspicion is the basket arrived about 10 years ago and after the flowers had faded the basket was put on a high shelf. The other items haven't been used in at least two years. They can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment