27 September, 2017

Decluttering the Dining Room


Now my study/craft room has been decluttered, it's time to sort out the dining room. My dining room looks nothing like the one pictured above. It is a mess, a big mess, but the mess is being reduced. The Beloved is on holiday next week, and we have planned to paint the dining room. This requires the room to be decluttered and tidied. The following week, we have guests over.

We have a few boxes of stuff from a previous move. For the moment, these three boxes will remain boxed up and tucked out of the way. The writing table/bureau will also remain, but I don't actually want it.  It currently holds a load of old papers and crystal bowls etc. I've started work on the papers. A great deal more work is required. With the deadline of guests arriving, its decluttering will be left until after the visit.

When I'm done with the round of decluttering, additional items remaining the room will be the PA equipment for our ceilidh band, the dining table and chairs, and the piano. Items leaving will be a set of four chairs, my quilting stuff, and some random stuff destined for charity shops.

I found the dining table to be very useful for sewing and quilting. However, I make too much mess in there, and things pile up. It will be so good to have an actual dining room again. We have been eating our meals in the sitting room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment