06 September, 2017

She'll be wearing purple pajamas when she comes


Six items today, four from my study and two from the clutter in the upper hall. Gone are a basket of dried up craft paints, a jar of sequins, the Elder Offspring's computer (hard disks removed), a rustic Christmas star, white fairy lights with added poof, and a pair of purple satin pajamas. The pjs were given to me at least 10 years ago. They didn't fit then, and they don't fit now. But, they are lovely pjs and are perfect for a charity shop.

I've also decluttered some fabric from the Denim and Fleece Quilt made almost four years ago. A few items of clothing and pieces of fabric have been placed on the decluttered desk. These are my pre-sorted, stand-by, in-case-of-emergency decluttering items. They are just waiting to be officially decluttered. There might be a time when I don't have the time or energy to declutter the required number of items this month. This is my little reserve.

There was one lot of cloth I know I definitely don't want. Another piece of fabric is in 'Yes, I think I do want it', and a third is 'That would make a nice skirt'. This makes four categories of crafting stuff: keep, I think I want it, I can see a use for it, and dispose. The first and last are easy, so easy, but the middle two... Perhaps two clear boxes, they can be labelled 'declutter in September 2018', and 'declutter in March 2018'. If the fabric in 'I can see a use for it' hasn't been used by March 2018 then it will either the disposed of, or moved to 'keep' or 'I think I want it'.

No comments:

Post a Comment