03 September, 2017

Bedroom Tidy and Study Declutter


I noticed my bedroom was looking a little messy, and decided to time myself as I tidied it. The bed is made, the towels straightened, everything is in its correct place, and it took me a grand total of 3 minutes and 45 seconds. It should be mentioned there's a few things in the hall just outside the bedroom, a glass, a pair of shoes, and a small back of rubbish from the bedroom bin. These will be dealt with when I go downstairs. My expectation is that will add about 15 seconds to the tidy time.

Given how long it has taken to do this, I think it is time to pop up to my study and find three things to declutter. Wonder what they will be...

That was tough! I really didn't know where to start. But, it started with a folder of old paperwork. The most recent stuff was over 10 years ago. The papers have been ditched. The folder and dividers have been retained. They are just what I need for the new filing system. The next item to say goodbye is a yarn swift. and the third are three sets of straight/double pointed knitting needles I haven't used in years!

A couple of shawls/scarves have been brought down and put away in the wardrobe. A little yoga pillow has been brought down too. It has a month to prove its worth, or it will be added to the 30 items disappearing on the 30th. Also unearthed is a pair of fingerless mittens about 90% done. I'm going to finish them, and make some flip tops for them.

There's boxes of the Elder Offspring's stuff up there, including her old computer. Wonder if she wants it? I think what I need to do tomorrow is get into a corner of the room, and make a designated spot for her stuff. Currently it's forming a little wall between me and my clutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment