28 August, 2017

Week 35: Seasonal Clothing Switch

Monday: Read Organized Home Challenge #35: Seasonal Clothing Switch
Tuesday: Out of season clothing swap
Wednesday: Continue to replace out of season clothes with in season items
Thursday: Declutter and/or store outgrown or out of season clothes
Friday: Create inventory of stored clothing
Saturday: Declutter and organize sweaters and sweatshirts, and other cool weather clothing
Sunday: Declutter summer decorations

It's too early to be switching summer clothing for winter. There's still a number of warm days to come. When the weather changes, it will be good to pack away fine cotton skirts and light-weight trousers for more robust, warmer fabrics. There are a few items that will be 'retired' and not put into storage.

However, now seems like a fantastic time to take an inventory of my warmer clothing and check I have enough warm clothing for the winter. My suspicion is I will need new trousers and a new skirt. When I last decluttered my wardrobe I replaced summer clothing, but didn't replace the winter stuff.

My sweaters and cardigans are in a drawer, stacked vertically. This is a brilliant system for me as I can see immediately which sweaters/cargis are available for wear. They can stand up by themselves, and don't get in a mess when one is removed.


We don't have 'summer decorations', but it would be a good idea to switch things around a little, perhaps put some items into storage for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment