20 August, 2017

Trimming and Bordering Pinwheels


In 2011 or 12, I made a start on a quilted table runner. I got as far as making these pinwheels. Each of the pinwheels was made by making 4 half square triangle blocks, and then stitching them together.  

The original squares of fabric were 3.5". My cutting/sewing as rather wobbly, and my finished pinwheel blocks were all slightly different. My first task was to trim them all to the same size, 5.5". Squares that are actually square! The next step is to border the squares.

When I was explain this was the prequel to my first quilt, the Beloved and Younger Offspring suggested the name of this quilt be 'The Pre-Quilt'.

The first border has been added to the squares. These border pieces were 1.5" x 5.5" for the top and bottom, and 1.5" x 7.5" for the sides. 


No comments:

Post a Comment