20 August, 2017

Let's Start at the Very Beginning

Many years ago, I took a fancy to do some machine patchwork/quilting. This is after saying for about 20 years, or more, that I didn't have the patience for patchwork and quilting. But, the fancy took me, and I duly ventured into my local craft shop. There I bought some fabrics to make a coffee table runner and one for the side board too. Also bought were a cutting mat, rulers and a rotary cutter.

I started then stalled. Some wonderful coloured strips came my way, and I wanted to play with those. These strips formed the first quilt I had made.


Next, I spied a beautiful set of strips, a rainbow! A quilt top was made, and then left unfinished as the fabric was bowing and distorting. (Since then I've learned the cause, but haven't taken the time to unpick the stitches and rectify the problem).


I've made 6 quilts, and a top, but have fabric for quite a few more! Today I saw a quilt and realised I had similar fabric, that very first set of fabric I bought in 2011 or 12. A number of pinwheels were made, and I'll adapt the design to incorporate those pinwheels. How fantastic will it be when I complete the very first quilt I started?!

No comments:

Post a Comment