08 March, 2017

Project 333: Time for a change?


I had anticipated that the 15th of March would be when I transitioned into spring clothing. This is so not going to happen! The last few days have been rather cold, and I am not ready to give up woollen skirts and thermal tights!  

However, I have been buying new items for my spring wardrobe. The key colours are navy and white.  New items include a tailored navy jacket, wide-legged navy trousers, an indigo waterfall cardigan, three white tops and a pale pink cardigan. I did order a pair of mulberry trousers, but the colour is too far towards brown and not purple enough. The tops and trousers are to replace old, worn out ones.

Items I currently own that will be included in this period are two 'ethnic' wrap skirts, one in navy and the other in red. A number of years ago I bought a patterned navy fabric and  a soft minty green lining.  I think this will be made into a skirt and scarf. An existing linen skirt will be re-fashioned. I made it 8 years ago, and have worn it just a handful of times. At one point, I had a faux wrap skirt in light taupe with a very small navy printed design around the hem. If I haven't give it away it will be included. A pair of shorts/cropped trousers and a pair of stone linen trousers have also been order, along with a 'nude' bag.

I am trying to pull together a professional working wardrobe. The majority of my clothes are getting rather old and worn.  It's time for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment