28 March, 2017

Decluttering whilst ill


Today I posted a joke on Facebook, there's 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who weren't expecting this joke to be in base 3.

I have come to realise there are often two approaches to standards. There's people who hold themselves to a far higher standard than others, and there's people who hold others to a standard, but supply excuses why they shouldn't be judged at that level. Normally, I expect more of myself than I do of others. This can lead to crazy situations, the sort of situations where people shake their heads and say 'Be kind to yourself!'

Today, my body is weary, my mind can't find spoken words (but I can write), my throat is scratchy and I'm losing my voice. If someone came to me with a list like that I'd tell them to veg out on the sofa, watch a movie and have an early night. But, it's me, so I expect me to get on and do some decluttering. I have made the decision to be kind to myself, but I still have guilt about not decluttering!

----

There was a little bit of decluttering done today. A friend was having a 'bring and share' meal at her house. The large potato au gratin I made yesterday was earmarked for the supper. We love Quorn mince, but not the faux chicken pieces. Somehow we ended up with three bags of the faux chicken in the freezer. The Quorn was cooked in a skillet, and mixed through with a tomato sauce. It will go very nicely with the potato au gratin. There was a cry of 'Ooooh, excellent, some protein.'

Sadly, when we arrived at my friend's house my temperature spiked and I felt really rather unwell. We handed over food, and made excuses to leave. I feel guilty about that too! However, it was so lovely to come home to a cooler, quiet house. It's exactly what I need this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment